In 2013, we once again expanded the number of recycling locations available in Cass County. We had thirteen locations in partnership with Town & Country Disposal where residents could drop off materials 24/7.
Unfortunately, since WCA bought Town & Country Disposal, they have phased out all the drop-off recycling bins that the CCSC and Town & Country partnered to make available. After several unsuccessful discussions with WCA, we regret to say the only bins that will remain are those that an entity (such as a City or private business) are willing to pay a monthly fee to WCA to continue. As there is a continuing recycling crisis in this country and countries across the globe, the number of recyclers is dwindling.
At this time, the only bin location in Cass County that we are aware of is CASCO at 1808 Vine Street in Harrisonville.
- Drop off is anytime between 8:30am and 3pm. There are also bins outside or you can ring the bell.
- CASCO uses mulitple vendors for their recycling purchases. This service is provided free of charge to citizens of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area, and is operated and maintained by disabled individuals with support from Casco staff.
- Casco proudly recycles the following materials:
- Aluminum cans only (no cans of other material)
- Cardboard: Needs to be flattened
- Paper: bundled and tied or bagged (suggest paper bags!!)
- Plastics: #’s 1, 2, & 5 only
- Scrap metal
- No electronics!
With the donation of these materials, Casco is able to provide meaningful work to their disabled individuals while also helping protect natural and man-made resources.
You may also take your recycling to the WCA facility on 291 Hwy in Harrisonville.
It may be helpful for WCA to hear from you committed recyclers about the need to provide this very important community service that makes it possible for us to dispose of our household waste in a responsible manner!
In the meantime, the CCSC will be seeking to learn of any alternative means to again provide drop-off recycling locations.